A hand sink & a paper towel dispenser are two vital parts of any sanitary kitchen or restroom. A stainless steel paper towel dispenser may seem like a standard item, but did you know that there are numerous styles & designs?
In fact, the style & design can encourage hand washing and keep your customers satisfied. A clean, properly organized restroom can affect a customer’s view of your operation.
Furthermore, the type of paper towel dispenser you choose will determine what kind of paper towels you will need, how often it should be refilled, & how those will be dispensed.
In this article, we will look at various types of paper towels & their associated dispensers.
Paper Towel Types
So, if you are going to use a paper towel dispenser, you are going to need paper towels. There are two main types of paper towels you should be aware of: rolled & folded. The type of paper towel you choose will determine what dispenser you will need as a dispenser will usually support only one type of paper towel.
- Usually colored brown (kraft) or white. Kraft paper has a reputation of being more environmentally friendly & more affordable.
- Suitable for high volume environments.
- Usually dispensed with a lever or an automatic sensor.
- Rolled paper towels come in a variety of lengths (some up to 800′!) to best serve your needs.
- Come in 2 varieties: C-fold & Multi-Fold designs.
- C-fold towels have two folds & do not interlock. They are designed to lie on top of each other instead.
- Multi-fold paper towels also have two folds, but are folded in opposite directions. This allows the paper towels to be interlocked, which allows you to fit more paper towels in each dispenser.
- The good news is paper towel dispensers made for folded paper towels are compatible with both types. Folded paper towel dispensers have varying capacities. Choose the best type for your environmental conditions.
IMC Integrated Towel Dispensers
While most paper towel dispensers are wall mounted, there are some that are integrated directly into a hand sink. More specifically, a paper towel dispenser can be combined into the side of a hand sink to create a complete washing station. This is most common in portable or ADA compliant hand sink solutions.
This eliminates the need to invest in a separate towel dispenser, especially if space is tight.
IMC Soap & Towel Dispenser Combination
Hand washing is not complete without soap. Did you know there are paper towel dispensers with integrated soap dispensers?
IMC integrated combination towel & soap dispenser is suitable for all hand wash areas, providing convenient access to soap & towels at the sink.
Located immediately above the hand sink, there are no spills or mess to deal with.
At IMC/Teddy, we manufacture paper towel dispensers that are compatible with both folded & rolled paper types. Plus, many of these can be mounted on a backsplash for added convenience. For our complete paper towel dispensers offerings, please check here.