It’s no secret that cleanliness is of utmost importance in any commercial facility, whether it be a restaurant, hotel, casino, etc. Always remember that cleanliness can impact the perception of your organization as a whole. With that being said, equipping your cleaning department with all of the essential janitorial equipment & supplies is vital.
Simply put, having the best janitorial equipment increases productivity & makes your job easier. There are so many janitor supplies such as cleansers, gloves, brushes, etc. However, in this particular article, we are going to talk more about the IMC stainless steel equipment that fits into the janitor/cleaning category.
We’ll first take a dive into common janitorial equipment properties & then give a few examples of essential items.
Janitorial Equipment Properties
Janitorial equipment must be strong, ergonomic, & durable. After all, this type of equipment will be used constantly on a daily basis! Let’s take a look at these 3 essential properties:
- Strength: The truth is, commercial janitorial equipment is very different from equipment you use in your very own home. Commercial equipment is made to be much more wear resistant & long-lasting.
- Ergonomic: Janitorial equipment needs to be mobile, if you wish to thoroughly clean. Janitorial equipment is practically sized, & not too heavy.
- Durability: Durability is the most important property when it comes to janitor tools. Janitorial equipment needs to stand up to the day in, day out abuse. The bottom line is damaged equipment will not go far in a commercial environment.
IMC Stainless Steel Equipment
So, now that you understand the properties of janitorial equipment, let’s take a look at some real examples to aid in your cleaning efforts:
- IMC Mop Sinks: Used for filling & dumping buckets & cleaning mops or other cleaning tools. Mop sinks are installed on the floor so employees don’t have to lift heavy mop buckets. Mop sinks come in a variety of designs such as anti-splash or drop-front to make emptying mop buckets easier.
- IMC Mop Holders: If you are going to use a mop, you will need a secure way to store it. A mop holder is the perfect item for this. Usually mounted above a mop sink, a mop holder maximizes & keeps your space tidy.
- IMC Mop Drainage Trays: Also mounted above a mop sink, a mop drainage tray keeps mop water off your walls & floor.
- IMC Utility Shelves: Utility shelves are the perfect way to hold your cleaning supplies & small tools. Place above a mop sink to create an organized mop & cleaning area.
- IMC Mop Sink Cabinets: A perfect substitute for a janitor’s closet. Mop sinks cabinets are designed to keep your mop supplies organized & neat. These cabinets feature a space where mop buckets can be easily emptied, cleaned & refilled as needed. A shelf can be provided for storage space for cleaning supplies. Lastly, a ramp can be supplied as an easy way to roll the mop bucket in for storing.
At IMC/Teddy, we manufacture a multitude of stainless steel equipment catered towards your janitorial needs. We aim to provide solutions to create a complete mop & cleaning area in your facility. This includes mop sinks, mop holders, mop drainage trays, utility shelves, & mop sink cabinets among others.
For our complete utility sink offerings, check out our full lineup here.
For our mop sink cabinet lineup, check here.